We have a great client located in the Sacramento, California area who is looking for a Plastics Engineer/Program Manager for their medical molding facility. This is a technical role that is specifically scoped for management of Suppliers and Contract Manufacturing. The individual in this role will be collaborating with our Operations team, Supplier Development group ant other internal cross functional groups to achieve organizational goals and objectives such as improve supplier output, improve OEE, and reduce scrap. The ideal candidate for this role would be someone with experience in Injection molding and familiar with injection molds and tooling. Bachelor’s degree in Plastics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Polymers (or relevant field) with 8+ years of related work experience OR Master’s degree with 6+ years of related work experience.
Qualifications & Experience
Click here to apply online
- Demonstrated experience in Injection molding & tooling development.
- Understanding of plastics materials, plastics processing and plastics part design.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical ability with a high degree of professional acuity
- Strong / Concise verbal and written Technical communication skills
- Ability to read 2D drawings with GD&T
- Demonstrated experience with high volume manufacturing processes - injection molding.
- Demonstrated experience with Injection molding process and controls
- Familiar with DOE, Molding Process window development.
- Familiar with ISO and GMPMD requirements
- Experienced and comfortable with executive-level presentations (.ppt / “elevator pitches”).
- Basic Understanding of Metrology, Inspection systems, test method validations (Gage R&R).
- Proficient in MS Office tools.
- Experience in data analysis using tools such as MS Excel, Minitab, Power BI, Tableau
- Must be willing and able to travel to supplier locations as and when required.