Plant Tooling Engineer – Injection Mold Summary:
The Tooling Engineer selects and applies standard engineering principles and procedures in the design of fixtures, gages, machine components and tooling.
Plant Tooling Engineer – Injection Mold Job Responsibilities:
- Validate- using mathematical modeling/or calculations to work out whether solution and innovations would work and be cost effective.
- Design - turning solutions into technical plans using CAD/CAE software.
- Testing - setting up, collecting and analyzing data from tests on prototypes.
- Conceptualize engineering solutions.
- Reporting - writing or presenting regular progress reports for project managers and customers.
- Communicate - interfacing with customers on technical details.
- Assist with resolving product or manufacturing problems on major product lines.
- Problem-solve individually or as part of a group. May lead such problem-solving activities.
- Hands-on troubleshoot on shop floor.
- Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on engineering with Injection Molds.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Prefer to have working knowledge of TS 16949 quality system.