Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Plant Surveillance Officer at our Rockwood Propellant Plant, located just 20 minutes North of Winnipeg, near Stony Mountain, MB.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
We are seeking a full-time permanent Plant Surveillance Officer to join the team at our Rockwood Propellant Plant. The Rockwood facility is located just 20 minutes North of Winnipeg, near Stony Mountain, MB. This position will consist of a two week rotation - three shifts one week, and four shifts the next week, alternating. All shifts will be 12-hour overnights, 6:30pm to 6:30am.
- Fulfill responsibilities of a plant operator under the Power Engineering Act for a Class 5 plant. (Note: training could be provided for those without power engineering certification).
- Monitor production operations and facilities, making adjustments or calling upon qualified assistance.
- Maintain plant security by site patrolling and site monitoring from a centralized console.
- Control visitor access in the plant.
- Act as a contact for internal radio communication and for emergency response situations.
- Maintain key and radio control.
- Maintain a variety of records related to gas usage, visitor location within the plant, employee location, equipment loan, environmental conditions, facility conditions and time keeping.
- Act as relief switchboard operator during regular hours and answer phone calls during off hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Background / Knowledge:
- Valid Class 5 Province of Manitoba Power Engineering Certificate and/or experience in Plant operations/maintenance will be considered a strong asset.
- Extensive knowledge of plant’s facilities, equipment and production activities. Fair understanding of plant maintenance will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of policy and work instructions relating to plant operations/security, and judgment in exercising discretions granted in these.
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing the operator to effectively work with the plant staff, facilities/maintenance staff, general public and emergency responders.
- Computer literate, including operating video surveillance cameras, basic knowledge of internet browsing, Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Capacity to quickly address and resolve unexpected development and disruptions.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Available for 12-hour shift work including Evenings and Weekends.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are recommended in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.