Our client, an emerging global leader in the supply of lime and limestone products, has an immediate opportunity for a Plant Superintendent. Become a member of a dynamic team with opportunities for those who exhibit a desire to continually improve skill sets and gain experience.
The Plant Superintendent is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the plant: safety culture, developing people, budgeting, refractory maintenance, interfacing with fuel suppliers, quality control, shipping, and day-to-day operations. Intensive planning and preparing for the future is key; including annual refractory maintenance budgeting, kiln shutdown planning, annual operations budgeting, and Capital Project Management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the plant production function by collaboratively working with plant, regional and corporate functions.
• Engage and promote employee behaviors and safety with the goal of zero injuries.
• Ensure compliance with all internal and external health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure the workforce (salaried & hourly) is effectively developed and utilized. Ensure the company’s equipment, assets, and resources are properly maintained and utilized to ensure maximum long-term value.
• Implement strategic framework and corporate initiatives, ensuring they are clearly communicated, understood and followed within the plant.
• Develop and implement initiatives to improve plant technical and financial performance. Leverage available capital for sustainable operational improvements.
• Be capable to act as relief Plant Manager or other Superintendents (Mine, Maintenance) in their absence.
• Participate in the on-call rotation.
• A minimum of 5 years’ plant operations experience in a leadership role – preferably in heavy industry (production, maintenance, quality, safety, environmental compliance) and the proven ability to lead and develop others.
• Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong knowledge of kiln pyro processing, screening and Quality Management is ideal.
• A proven history of safety results and safety leadership in a manufacturing environment.
• Able to lead and participate on work teams.
• Well organized and able to process large amounts of complex information, effective operational troubleshooting skills and effective decision-making skills.
• Strong financial management skills (analysis, budgeting, planning, etc.).
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org