Our client, an emerging global leader in the supply of lime and limestone products has an immediate opportunity for Plant Superintendent. Become a member of a dynamic team with opportunities for those who exhibit a desire to continually improve skill sets and gain experience.
The Plant Superintendent is responsible for overseeing all aspects of operations including: safety culture, environmental performance, product quality, developing people, budgeting, refractory maintenance, interfacing with fuel suppliers, shipping, and day-to-day operations. Intensive planning and preparation for the future is essential; including annual refractory maintenance budgeting, kiln shutdown planning, annual operations budgeting, and Capital Project Management, as well as, recruit and hire direct subordinates.
- Lead the plant production function by collaboratively working with plant, regional and corporate functions to ensure the highest standards are achieved in the areas of safety, quality, customer service, personnel, plant efficiency, equipment availability and environmental compliance.
- Ensure the workforce (salaried & hourly) is effectively developed and utilized.
- Implement strategic framework and corporate initiatives, ensuring they are clearly communicated, understood and followed within the plant.
- Develop and implement initiatives to improve plant technical and financial performance. Leverage available capital for sustainable operational improvements.
- Maintain effective relationships with employees, other company functions, suppliers, customers, local communities and local, state and federal governments.
- Be capable to act as relief Plant Manager.
- Participate in the on-call rotation.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT email@example.com
- A minimum of 5 years’ plant operations experience in a leadership role – preferably in heavy industry (production, maintenance, quality, safety, environmental compliance) and the proven ability to lead and develop others.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of kiln pyro processing and Quality Management is ideal.
- A proven history of safety results and safety leadership in a manufacturing environment.
- Well organized and able to process large amounts of complex information, effective operational troubleshooting skills and effective decision-making skills.
- Strong financial management skills (analysis, budgeting, planning, etc.).