The Plant Superintendent is responsible for managing and planning production volumes for plant operations through partnerships with plant management and cross-functional teams to identify proactive ways to continuously improve plant production to achieve plant metrics and organizational objectives. This role will serve as a change agent by influencing, communicating and driving a culture of standard work, process improvement, and lean production concepts.
The Plant Superintendent will report to the Plant Manager and will be based in Lansing, IL.
• Support regulatory and internal processes – Employee and Plant Safety, Food Safety and Quality Initiatives, HR, and Process Controls.
• Ensure RedZone Initiatives, Kaizens, DLMP's and lean processes are deployed in improvements.
• Foreign Material (FM) Process - Improvement & process stability.
• Drive the sustainability of CAPA.
• Champion process improvement and lean manufacturing activities by working with supporting functions to implement change.
• Drive metrics and review departments performance, production, yield, efficiencies, labor utilization, financial results.
• Develop, manage & complete departmental project work linked to company objectives and goals.
• Ensure implementation of appropriate CAPEX plans to support New Business, Profitability & Asset Maintenance
• Communicate and review plant objectives regularly with supervisors to ensure plant objectives are accomplished.
• Schedule reviews of projects and progress with Plant Managers.
• Direct, coach, and develop the supervisory team to align their work with long-term goals, and alignment with the company strategic direction.
• Set direct report goals in training and development, performance, and succession planning.
• Engage the team for accountability by leveraging strong problem-solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
• Collaborate with plant management and cross-functional teams to set direction, accountability and achieve results.
• Demonstrate cross-functional capability (supply chain, org excellence, finance, quality, food safety)
• Promote and reinforce Company's Core Values and culture at all levels.
• Work with plant team toward identifying initiatives to improve Culture IQ & Employee Engagement.
Core Competencies: Strategic Focus, Drive for Results, Builds Relationships, Builds High Performing Teams, Model the Way.
• Minimum 7 years of operational/manufacturing experience. Food industry experience is not mandatory but highly desired. Experience achieving positive results thru other team members.
• Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, operations management, or a related field.
• Knowledge of meat processing operations is preferred.
• Lean/Six Sigma Certification is preferred
• Local and/or overnight travel is required 25% of the time.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.