Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga is currently seeking three well-rounded and experienced Plant Protection Officer’s for casual roles, where the successful candidates will be expected to ensure the property is secure, control access, issue passes, and perform security checks within the plant & direct visitors to appropriate areas. These positions will be on a casual basis; meaning that they will require availability on a sporadic or intermittent basis. If a shift, typically 12 hours, becomes available, then you will be contacted to cover the shift with as much notice as possible.
Potential to transition into a full-term, permanent role with increased compensation and benefits.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-site gym
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Monitor employees & material entering & leaving the building
• Ensure employees badge in/out using Kronos Clocks
• Temporary badge / late arrivals & guest pass control
• Controlled Goods contractor access control
• Safety glass monitoring for guests
• Overtime/ Gate pass management
• Record daily absence sheet
• Parking, key, camera, cell phone & gate control
• Security rounds
• Ability to be available to cover for any shift (day, afternoon or night) when contacted.
• Capability to work independently
• Plant Protection in a Manufacturing setting an asset
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• First Aid & CPR
• Computer literate
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.