endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
FOUNDRY OPERATIONS PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR:
This is a small (20 employee) privately held sand, investment, gravity, low-volume non-ferrous casting operation. Servicing customers in automotive, military and aerospace this organization is financially stable and growing.
The President is looking for a “right-hand” to manage the day-to-day floor operations so that he can focus on increasing sales and developing new customers.
This individual will be hands-on the floor each day during production. They will manage the daily work-flow, hand out work assignments and fill in when needed due to illness or vacation time taken by operators.
This individual must be physically able to function in all the roles on the plant floor and have knowledge of sand, investment, gravity (etc.) casting.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall direction and management of the day to day operation of the plant and its employees.
- Manage the operations of the Cast House to produce cast products that meet customer specifications and are delivered within customer expectations.
- Manage daily work-flow and work assignment with production personnel.
- Schedule daily production.
- Create and implement improvements to the casting process and associated production processes to reduce costs and increase production.
- Drive improvements in Cast House profitability through advanced customer product mix and qualifications into new segments.
- Drive Safety to be engrained in the culture of all Cast House employees.
- Responsible for performance management evaluation process for the Cast House employees, both salaried and hourly.
- Ensure teamwork, accountable for staffing plan, and responsible for developing Cast House Leads.
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards and keeping training up to date for all employees.
- Develops or revises standard operational and work practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards;
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing problems to ensure to improve equipment reliability and minimize unplanned downtime.
- Manage, direct, coach, lead, train and motivate teams to achieve goals and contribute in a timely and safe manner, while continuously striving to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Pulls from all resources to ensure that continuous improvement is ingrained in the workforce culture.
- Inspects all equipment to ensure proper working order;
- Responsible for maximizing scrap utilization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree preferred or four to ten years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years in sand, investment, gravity, low-volume non-ferrous casting or related industry;
- At least 3-5 years of technical and managerial experience in a melting, casting, and finishing operation;
- In-depth knowledge of the casting process, the operation of equipment, alloys and standards, use of precision instruments and customer orders and specifications.
- Be a contributing member of the management team.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate on all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams at all levels of the workforce.
- Computer proficiency is required.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.