Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg has an exciting opportunity for a fixed-term Plant Monitoring Assistant (Summer Student) to join our team at our Rockwood Propellant Plant for the summer.
This part-time/fixed-term position will consist of approximately two (2) 12-hour shifts per week. Most or all shifts will be weekends (Sat/Sun), and the majority will be overnights (6:30 pm to 6:30 am). Our Rockwood facility is located just 20 minutes North of Winnipeg, near Stony Mountain, MB.
- Monitor facilities, calling upon qualified assistance when required.
- Site monitoring from a centralized console.
- Act as a contact for internal radio communication.
- Maintain key and radio control.
- Maintain a variety of records related to gas usage, visitor location within the plant, overtime authorization and employee location, equipment loan, environmental conditions, facility conditions and time keeping.
- Act as relief switchboard operator and answer phone calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate, including operating video surveillance cameras, basic knowledge of internet browsing, Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Capacity to quickly address and resolve unexpected developments and disruptions.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.