Job Title: Plant Mechanical Engineer
We have an excellent opportunity for a Plant Mechanical Engineer in our Client's state-of-the-art specialty refinery located in Jefferson Parish near New Orleans, Louisiana.
About the Company: This established company is a leading specialty refiner of alternative fuels and high-purity petroleum products. It has a fun, entrepreneurial culture, and the company truly values and appreciates its employees, providing good opportunities for growth and advancement.
About the Position: As the Plant Mechanical Engineer, you will fulfill a key role by supporting the maintenance and troubleshooting of plant equipment. You'll be extensively involved with inspecting equipment per applicable API codes and managing Mechanical Integrity inspection data for piping & pressure vessels in the PCMS software.
The position also has a strong project focus, and as new plant upgrades and modifications are planned, you'll work with contractors in the design, engineering, and construction of projects.
- Troubleshoot equipment to improve reliability and process efficiency
- Review & analyze equipment health data to identify & diagnose problems, and recommend maintenance work orders
- Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and assist with implementing improved operations and maintenance procedures
- Apply principals of pipe system design with respect to fluid mechanics, valves, and pump operations
- Coordinate engineering & construction projects, including process and operational reviews, installation, and operation/evaluation of new equipment
Compensation: $75,000-$90,000/year, commensurate with experience; highly competitive salary, annual bonus plan, 401-k, full benefits, retirement plan
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-4+ years experience in Maintenance or Mechanical Engineering roles in a petrochemical manufacturing plant in either Maintenance or Operations
- Working knowledge of basic structural piping design principles, pipe system dynamics, and failure analysis
- Knowledgeable in Mechanical Integrity inspections of piping and pressure vessels
- Experience in project engineering
* Please note: All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.