endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Plant Manager will oversee the day-to-day plant operations contributing towards improving safety, manufacturing efficiencies, quality, cost and on-time delivery by utilizing continuous improvement techniques. It will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of safety and sustainable change through the creation and embedding of LEAN methodology, and the supporting framework, to deliver business transformation.
The candidate will contribute to a work environment where fairness, equality and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
- Participates in the hiring and training of departmental managers.
- Organizes, directs, and oversees the work and schedules of departmental managers.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborates with other managers and supervisors to coordinate activities in and among departments.
- Develop, implement and take ownership of OTW’s Health, Safety and Environment program
- Establish foundation for an inclusive Safety culture
- Develop, implement and monitor EHS KPI’s and implementing training pertaining to EHS
- Development and implement a continuous improvement strategy, starting with the Voice of the Customer
- Work with key business stakeholders and senior leadership team, to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing program of change
- Establish clear operational metrics and key performance indicators for SAFETY, QUALITY, DELIVERY, COST
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices including those related to safety and health.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Will be responsible for managing and leading continuous improvement projects, as well as mentoring and coaching others towards green belts
- Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives
- Manage a portfolio of lean projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater value; implements such tools as: 5S, KPI, SMED, VSM, and Kaizen
- Train and lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams, focusing on measurable quality, service and cost improvements. Also, trains, coaches, and motivates personnel in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques
- Implements a formal six sigma program that focuses on reducing process and product variation. Implements such tools as: SPC, Process Capability, Pareto analysis, Fishbone, SMED, DOE
- Oversees manufacturing, purchasing, and shipping, ensuring each is reaching goals set by departmental and company leadership.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each product stream to achieve financial objectives.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of safety and health laws, regulations, and policies.
- Thorough understanding of raw materials, production processes, quality control, cost management, and other effective manufacturing and distribution techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and time management
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Working overtime and/or weekends may be required, as necessary.
Travel is expected for this position up to 25%.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp small items, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
This job operates in an office and manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial)
- Proven LEAN Manufacturing experience: 5-10 years. Six Sigma Black Belt certification a plus.
- Hands on shop floor experience in machine shop environment – 5 to 10 years. Journeyman qualification a plus. High preference for GibbsCAM CNC Software experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in general manufacturing operation preferably in the machine manufacturing, toolroom. Abrasive industry a plus.
- Proven track record in leading and developing high-performance teams and attaining results; able to quantify results
- Proficient computer skill including M/S Office 365
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to set-up, facilitate and lead service improvement/’Work-Out’ sessions with a range of business stakeholders
- Proactive team player that build consensus through data and inclusive involvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of Partners, senior managers, and subject matter experts
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Lean Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- General Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Machine Shop: 5 years (Preferred)
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.