- Manage plant’s operations performance in the following areas: Safety, Housekeeping, Quality, Productivity, Conversion Costs, Capital Spending, Personnel and HR
Essential Job Duties
- Meeting or exceeding specific business goals of plant assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Provide leadership and direction to subordinate management/supervisory staff, and other plant personnel to ensure manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner
- Foster culture that supports and follows safety standards and procedures, and develop, execute and evaluate safety measures and policies. Investigate and analyze safety incidents, and seek ways to reduce/eliminate accidents and other safety issues. Conduct weekly safety audits
- Develop and implement production plans, establish and review schedules, output, deliveries, and adherence to production standards and goals, and report as appropriate. Ensure performance of supporting functions, such as material, maintenance, etc., and detect and resolve production problems.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Determine and implement quality standards and procedures, ensure adherence, and determine cost of quality in production process
- Determine manpower requirements, train and develop management and staff employees, and ensure personnel actions, such as discipline, employee evaluation and termination are carried out appropriately
- Establish spending budget for plant; complete proposals and justifications for capital spending; track and report spending, as required.
- Conduct weekly housekeeping audits
- Regular attendance
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- BS/BA in Engineering or related technical discipline, manufacturing or related field or equivalent
- Minimum ten years experience in manufacturing environment, with minimum four years manufacturing or plant management experience
- Minimum one year of process engineering experience
- Lean Manufacturing and ISO standards training
- Minimum three years experience with labor relations, preferably in union environment
- Minimum three years experience with establishing budgets, financial tracking, and reporting of production operation
- Experience using ERP or similar manufacturing system software preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have polymer processing experience . Plastic Industry Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of production processes, methods, and programs as well as inventory management and warehousing, preferably with products similar to those produced at facility
- Knowledge of raw and other materials used at production facility(s) managed
- Understanding of Oracle manufacturing systems or similar ERP system preferred
- Understanding of financial standards, budgets, and reporting
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and 14001 standards and procedures, process improvement programs, and safety standards and regulations
- Very good understanding of all elements of the HSMS preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and procedures
- Ability to successfully manage production line responsibilities through effective supervision of production managers/supervisors, lead persons, and other production staff
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturing instructions, drawings, schematics, blue prints, etc. Ability to perform basic mathematical functions, and calculate figures, percentages, discounts, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work effectively, and develop and execute project plans
- Effectively interface with all levels and types of internal and external customers, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively resolve problems, utilizing good judgment and creativity.
- Ability to work in, build, and maintain a strong team environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Understanding, and ability to develop, document and communicate production policies and procedures
3 15 12