endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The plant manager must effectively organize, lead and manage all functional elements of the facility. The plant manager must embrace corporate and business unit initiatives including lean manufacturing and implementation of the Operational Excellence Operating System (based on the Toyota Production System). The plant manager will maintain a workforce for highly motivated employees with a morale that is conducive with performance being measured at or above minimum acceptable levels, drive performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. The plant manager operates within the overall framework of company strategies, set objectives, and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of Position:
- Full plant P&L (profit & loss) responsibility including strategy, policies, processes, practices, systems
- Provide leadership and management of plant people, processes, and products including, but not limited to:
- manufacturing and/or assembly operations
- sales; finance (operating budget, cost controls, capital management, AP/AR etc.)
- supply chain management (procurement/distribution)
- inventory management
- environmental/occupational health & safety
- employee selection and development
- labor relations
- continuous improvement (cost, quality, productivity, operational excellence)
- metrics and reporting
- program management
- product launches
- facilities and equipment, and engineering
- Interact and communicate effectively with multiple external customers on a regular and frequent basis.
- Communicate well at all levels within the organization as well as externally with suppliers and the local community
- Establish credibility (through Lean knowledge, business acumen, and plant-specific knowledge) with Business Unit and other executive leadership to influence basic strategy and effective inclusion of long-range improvements to Business Unit plans
- Maximize business results by Influencing, utilizing and persuading peer group leaders as well as various support functions within the organization.
- Adjust/Modify plans and strategies based on business needs and/or situational change in order to achieve the short and long-term performance commitments.
Minimum Qualifications of Position:
- Bachelor in engineering or related technical field preferred; Post-secondary education in business administration, engineering, quality management or purchasing-materials management may be considered
- At least 10 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment which supports Toyota Production System principles
- Proven record of success driving TPS enterprise wide and with high growth including multiple product launches.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing, lean deployment, six sigma and world class manufacturing systems
- Self-starter – results-oriented with a record of demonstrated successes accomplished through teamwork
- Ability to adjust plans and strategies based on business
- Superior communication skills and teaching abilities
- Detail oriented and very hands on in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of Toyota Production System principles and processes, including Kaizen events, Hoshin Planning, visual controls, kan ban, set-up reduction, process mapping and MBF tools. TPS training must have been received from a recognized source
- Strategy development (general business and specific improvements strategy) experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading and transforming manufacturing cultures from mass to lean production
- Strong business acumen
- Strong financial acumen and ability to drive results
- Experience in developing business strategies and plans, operating forecasts, performance metrics and reports, and safety and quality certification processes
- Progressively responsible management and supervisory experience in manufacturing, with responsibility for multiple plants or manufacturing disciplines; Tier 1 and 2 automotive experience is preferred
- Prior Program Management experience
- Leadership experience in a unionized plant environment
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.