Plant Manager Manufacturing Company Greater Chattanooga
This company was founded 50+ years ago and is the leading manufacturer and supplier of gas furnaces, water heaters, and cooking appliances for various industries. This company is one of the largest employers in the area and over 70% of their workforce have been with the company for 20 years or longer. They are currently growing and adding to their team.
The Plant Manager is responsible for overseeing production at a large manufacturing plant with a 600+ person team. Manufacturing runs Monday through Friday in three shifts and a small weekend crew.
- Promote safe working conditions and behavior, compliance with EHS rules and regulations, and a zero-injury culture
- Lead and manage production activities for a 7-day multiple shift manufacturing facility
- Implement systems to measure plant performance and manage Continuous Improvement efforts
- Utilize problem-solving tools to implement corrective measures
- Work closely with HR to improve teamwork and employee relations
- Implement training and professional development programs
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in Engineering, Business, Management, or related field
- 5-10 years in a production leadership role
- Experience with TPS/Lean tools
- Experience with mechanical assembly, metal fabrication, coatings, and/or welding
If you’re interested in learning more about this position, please apply directly to this ad.