endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Multi-Billion Dollar Automotive Company located in Metro Detroit area is looking for a Plant Manager that can organize, lead and manage all functional elements of the facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of Position:
- Full plant P&L (profit & loss) over a 700 person automotive plant
- Responsibility including strategy, policies, processes, practices, systems
- Provide leadership and management of plant people, processes, and products including, but not limited to:
- manufacturing and/or assembly operations
- sales; finance (operating budget, cost controls, capital management, AP/AR etc.)
- supply chain management (procurement/distribution)
- continuous improvement (cost, quality, productivity, operational excellence)
- metrics and reporting
- product launches
- facilities and equipment, and engineering
- Establish credibility (through Lean knowledge, business acumen, and plant-specific knowledge) with Business Unit and other executive leadership to influence basic strategy and effective inclusion of long-range improvements to Business Unit plans
Minimum Qualifications of Position:
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.IND-D03
- Bachelor Degree
- 10+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years as a Plant Manager working in an automotive environment
- Lean manufacturing, lean deployment, six sigma and world class manufacturing systems
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of Toyota Production System principles and processes, including Kaizen events, Hoshin Planning, visual controls, kan-ban, set-up reduction, process mapping and MBF tools.
- Union experience a plus (not required)