Click here to apply online
Position is responsible for driving operational excellence and continuous improvement by leading, managing and organizing all aspects of plant operations, including safety, quality, efficiency, scrap, GMP, customer service, and engagement and development of the plant management team and employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing, managing and optimizing talent throughout the plant. Leads all plant operational employees toward the efficient performance of their duties, and the safe and effective operation of the facility.
- Evaluates, manages, and is responsible for meeting, and preferably outperforming, plant targets on safety, profitability, operational costs, equipment/process efficiencies (labor, energy, etc.), and departmental productivity.
- Responsible for assuring high quality and conformance of finished products to the division, industry, and customers.
- Cultivates a proactive and sustainable health, safety and environmental culture that supports company policy, practices and complies with local, state and federal laws.
- Focuses relentlessly on continuous improvement including recommending capital improvements for the plant which directly result in improved safety conditions, improved quality of finished product resulting in added value, improved efficiency, or reduction of plant variable or fixed operating costs.
- Directs the planning and implementation of capital improvement projects to insure adherence to approved plans, schedules and budgets.
- Builds a positive and high morale environment and culture through active engagement of all employees; effective employee relations and communications; building trust and teamwork; rewarding and recognizing both individual and team contributions, ideas, and performance; best practice sharing; social responsibility; and offering growth and development opportunities.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial management of the facility. Manages and controls financial spending of all departments.
- Leads the preparation of periodic reports pertaining to plant utilization, labor efficiencies, materials usage, scrap, etc.
- Works closely with customer contacts (quality, purchasing and others) to insure coordination of activities and facilitation of customer relationship.
- Keeps informed of technical and management developments to assure continued personal growth and to coach employees toward optimum performance.
- Leads and collaborates with Production and Materials Management to assure coordination of production activity and delivery schedules.
- May be assigned special projects as appropriate.