The Plant Manager is responsible for leading an experienced work force as well as planning, directing and effectively managing the day-to-day and long term production activities for the Amarillo Plant, focusing on development, implementation and effective execution of operational goals to achieve plant KPI’s; ensuring that internal and external customers are continuously receiving quality products and service, while maintaining a safe, effective and harmonious work environment.REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reports to the VP of Operations and is based in Amarillo, TX.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all activities in the Amarillo plant, including direct accountability for manufacturing/production, maintenance, sanitation, inventory, health and safety, capital equipment planning, budget cost reduction initiatives and process improvements. Specifically:
- Foster a climate of Safety, Urgency, Accuracy and Timeliness.
- Assure the production of the required quality and quantity of products.
- Jointly with the Quality Systems dept. investigate customer complaints and initiate corrective / preventative actions.
- Develop and maintain budget targets for costs and standards of performance.
- Ensure employees follow established safety procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices when performing duties in manufacturing depts.
- Provide the highest quality products and services to our internal and external customers, by ensuring compliance to Quality & Production Policies / Procedures & Site Protocols.
- Oversee production schedules to maintain predetermined finished inventory levels. Change scheduling as needed to avoid shortages. Determine milk/cream requirements and order milk/cream from approved vendors.
- Ensure that the plant functions are supported by the most talented employees. Hire, train, motivate, monitor and evaluate performance of Industry plant employees.
- Ensure quality control programs within the industry plant are followed to assure conformity with quality and sanitation standards as required by company and regulatory agencies.
- Serve as a Mentor or active member of site Quality Assurance Committee
- Manage department assets to assure maximum and most efficient usage for production.
- Continually and critically evaluate all work activities as a basis for change or improvement which will eliminate potential safety hazards, increase productivity or reduce costs.
- Establish strategic initiatives, goals/KPI’s and budgets. Establish department initiatives, goals/KPI’s to support plant objectives. Achieve or exceed budget goals.
- Maintain working knowledge and skill in operating equipment utilized under his/her supervision with a focus on Continuous Improvement.
POSITION BENEFITSThe compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, bonus and benefits package.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science preferred plus 15+ years of experience in dairy/food required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Dairy Manufacturing processes including multiple product lines, with a minimum of 5 yrs. in cheese, whey or Grade A products processing.
- Must have at least 10 years of related Plant Management/Leadership experience, with demonstrated project management.
- Demonstrate a strong servant leadership mentality strong lean/operational excellence background to drive people and process change; Green Belt or Black Belt certification preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and team building skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exceptional interpersonal and effective communication skills (oral and written) in the English language. Spanish speaking a plus.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple assignments, while driving a high sense of urgency.
- Ability to seek out new methods, principles and changes to existing practices that come from active participation in continual process improvement.
- Advanced computer proficiency, with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs preferred.