An American Steel manufacturer has an opening for a Plant Manager at their coke manufacturing plant
The Plant Manager directs the operations of coke making to produce the highest quality, and lowest cost product to meet or exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Ensures efficient operation and continual improvement of the coke making process.
- Develops annual plant operating plan and objectives in coordination with area plans. Interprets and explain plant objectives, purpose and mission, to all department heads as well as within staff support areas.
- Establishes controls and sets standards for the implementation and accomplishment of the plant business plan.
- Directs and motivates plant supervision and staff personnel in the attainment of business and facility objectives.
- Involved in daily discussions of key activities to maximize all plant activities and corporate goals.
- Direct supervisor of administrative staff.
- Other duties as required by business needs or as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field preferred.
- 8+ years of leadership experience in manufacturing operations.
- Coke making experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge of business and management principles including budgeting and strategic planning.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Solid judgment with ability to make good decisions.
- Ability to identify opportunities, improve processes, drive execution and manage change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.