We are KIK!
We create the products and brands that people trust to clean, sanitize, and protect their homes, pools and cars. We are one of North America’s largest independent consumer product manufacturers with 20 North American manufacturing facilities. We also operate globally in Europe, Asia, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. We are known by our portfolio of over 40 brands including Spic and Span® and Comet® cleaning products, Clorox® Pool&Spa™ (under license), BioGuard®, and Natural Chemistry® pool chemicals, and Prestone® and Holts® automotive performance chemicals. We are also the #1 producer in North America for store-brand (“private label”) bleach and a leading private label provider of laundry detergent and additives, dishwashing products, general purpose cleaning and other home care products.
Our global team of over 2,500 employees drive our capabilities in product development, product formulation, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, packaging design, brand marketing, project management, quality assurance, compliance, distribution and logistics.
Our organization is constantly evolving and is driven by a set of “One KIK” values – a dedication to following through on commitments in a customer-focused, profit-motivated way; while never compromising on safety, ethics or integrity.
This position will report directly to the SVP Operations
The Plant Manager is the key member of the Site Leadership Team who will be responsible for the product produced and shipped from this location. The responsibilities include overall management of an assigned high-volume chemical and consumer products manufacturing plant. The accountabilities also include creating an engaged plant culture that can meet and/ or exceed operational and business performance expectations, budget and P&L management, driving EH&S requirements, quality, production, warehousing, all while maintaining the required safety standards.
- Responsible for all manufacturing activities including blow molding, liquid blending, packaging, warehousing and shipment of our products
- Leads a team of Managers, Supervisors, Individual Contributors, Indirect Labor, and Direct Labor to create and support an engaged culture that can meet or exceed daily KPI’s activities
- Ensures that all plant employees are in compliance with safety policies, procedures, and training
- Consults with Corporate EH&S team to ensure a safe workplace for all full time, temporary staffing, and contract employees
- Establishes production and quality control standards and holds employees accountable for expected performance
- Manages plant financials, including developing and implementing annual capital and operating expense budgets and cost controls. Partners with Plant Controller and BU Finance leadership on P&L management
- Manages production activities in partnership with Supply Chain and directs plant leadership in establishing production priorities
- Manages revision of production schedules as a result of equipment failure or operating problems
- Ensures all cross functional departments are working collaboratively
- Leads plant talent management actions in partnership with Human Resources, including securing high-quality hires, employee development, succession planning, etc.
- Leads actions in support of driving high levels of employee engagement, including the implementation of low cost/no cost solutions. Holds plant leadership accountable for the support of identified actions
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the organization
- Able to promote and embrace change to support the organization’s forward progress and operational excellence.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field preferred or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated managerial experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Ability to manage a complex vertically integrated operation
- A transformational leader with the ability to drive engaged culture across a manufacturing environment
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, and decision-making skills with the proven ability to manage complex situations
- Proficiency with computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, ERP systems such as JDE/SAP.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and speak to variances on a daily & monthly basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative leadership style, and the ability to interface at all levels of the organization, including front line employees, plant leaders, BU leadership and KIK senior leadership.
- Leads and demonstrates the ability to hold the organization to a high standard of ethics and integrity
- Experience in a Chemical, blending, blow molding, filling and or a warehouse process preferred
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing or 5S experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly preferred
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. KIK does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, status in uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.
KIK is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform the essential functions of the job, please contact Human Resources immediately.