Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga is an aerospace manufacturing, repair and overhaul facility. We are looking for a candidate to lead a small IT group and that has hands on experience with business applications and reporting tools, including but not limited to ERP, MES, Financial and HRMS systems. Cincom ERP, CODA Financials and Solumina MES is an asset but not required.
The IT Manager is also responsible for day to day operations of a major IT system. The IT Manager is involved in developing the strategic direction of Information Technology (I.T.) and executes the IT strategy through the management of IT staff and the coordination business systems users. The incumbent(s) must organize, coordinate, and control the systems for which they are responsible, and manage the staff assigned to them to ensure that systems are operating at their maximum efficiency for the minimum amount of cost. The 3 major category of systems are Enterprise Systems, PC Servers Systems, and IT Support Systems. The incumbent(s) is responsible for the reliability, integrity, availability, security, and supportability of their assigned system. The incumbent(s) should continually assess the needs of the business system users and provide the service in conformance with agreed requirements.
- Develop, update, and continually analyze business system requirements, including system issues and opportunities with the intent of maximizing business resources.
- Through the coordination of business system users and managing IT staff execute the agreed upon fix or enhancement to the system.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of new or upgraded business system hardware, operating systems, databases, and applications through the coordination of business system users and managing IT staff.
- Collaborate with Corporate IT to ensure all local IT solutions are fully aligned with global IT solutions, strategies, policies and cyber security requirements.
- Participate in the annual IT budget and Latest Estimate process, including the required General & Administration, and Capital budgets.
- Continuously monitor monthly actual costs to budget and/or Latest Estimate and take required corrective action to meet defined commitments.
- Design, develop, implement, and continuously update the required business safeguards to ensure the security, integrity, and reliability to corporate electronic information. Includes, but is not limited to data archiving; data backup and recovery; external and internal security access; and business system disaster recovery.
- Negotiate purchase agreement with vendors for hardware, software and service agreements; maintain vendor relationships for the purpose of understanding new technology and its applicability to the business.
- Coordinate IT resources including staff and equipment with the intent of maximizing the value of the business.
- Ensure that resources are being prioritized and managed based on needs and/or risk to the business.
- Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Administration degree or equivalent in education and experience.
- Minimum 8 years experience including experience at a managerial level within the IT environment. Including ERP, MES, HRMS systems and related experience in a project management environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Customer Service Focused
- Analytical skills
- Competent in Windows Server, Red Hat Linux Server, SQL Server, Scripting TSQL, PowerShell, Perl, Crystal Reports, VS.Net.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)