endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
OVERVIEW: Responsible for implementing and monitoring company environmental programs and policies. Ensures compliance with government and environmental regulations (EPA). Conducts employee training. Responds to emergencies, investigates incidents, and recommends corrective actions. Provides technical guidance on environmental issues for operations and equipment. Completes required federal, state, and local government reports.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor all plant environmental compliance, programs, issues, and results. Assist plant operations in developing, monitoring, and instituting programs and procedures to ensure environmentally sound and legal operation and maintenance of the facility.
- Conduct facility inspections on a specified basis and conduct all necessary sampling, monitoring and coordination to ensure that site environmental obligations are met.
- Review all environmental records for completeness and accuracy and maintain the environmental record-keeping system. Draft, review, and submit all required environmental reports.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures necessary to meet requirements of plant environmental policies, and federal, state, county or local environmental regulations.
- Monitor and maintain the plant operation and maintenance in compliance with all federal, state, county and local operating permits.
- Monitor and maintain facility environmental compliance with all permits, requirements, and regulations (including RCRA, EPCRA, TSCA, CAA, CWA, DOT, etc.).
- Functions as a subject matter expert (SME) to plant team members on environmental and regulatory issues and participates in incident investigations and root cause failure analysis.
- Conduct incident response activities.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Must have effective oral communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate technical data and communicate results in layman’s terms; proficiency in technical and creative writing; proficiency in Microsoft Software and extensive internet search capabilities; strong interpersonal skills. Attention to detail a must.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS / WORK EXPERIENCE:
BS degree in Engineering, Science or related field of study with a minimum of 5 to 7 years work experience or 8 years of work experience in analysis of environmental regulations as applied to the mining, construction, manufacturing, or related fields.
EPA Opacity Reading certification, DOT Certification, HAZWOPER certification and ISO 14001 a plus.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.