THE OPPORTUNITYThe primary purpose of the position is to direct and assist the activities of the plant’s maintenance programs and relevant capital projects. The position also provides the opportunity to manage larger company projects based on skills and ability.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all manufacturing OSHA, FDA, and EPA regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications.
- Assist in the assessment of vendor/subcontractor evaluation for consideration.
- Ensure that plant systems are maintained through the administration of a preventative maintenance system.
- Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
- Responsibly manage the maintenance budget for the facility.
- Oversee key projects, processes, performance reports, data, and analysis.
- Select, develop, train, and supervise staff.
- Review and analyze proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, science, or engineering field.
- Ten years or more of food manufacturing maintenance leadership experience.
POSITION BENEFITSThe compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with a discretionary bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.
- Able to be flexible at times with hours worked.
- Ability to work independently and function as a team player.
- Ability to help lead maintenance in achieving key objectives and goals.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision independently or with a group.
- Demonstrate reliability through good attendance and work ethic.
- Follow company policies and safety regulations.
- Ability to identify, implement, and sustain Key Process Indicators (KPI’s).