The Plant Engineer is the Field Engineer and the Maintenance Superintendent of the manufacturing Plant. The role provides extended support to the engineering management head within the Engineering, Maintenance & Facilities Group; Key member of the company's Management Action Group and Management Safety Group.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides engineering guidance and supervision to the facility infrastructure and all process equipment.
- Manages projects from design to fabrication and commissioning, incorporating regulatory compliance. (Infrastructure upgrades; improvements to mechanical process systems).
- Develops approved capital projects and process improvements. Directs and coordinates the development of short- and long-term maintenance plans, budgets and performance targets for the maintenance department.
- Develops and executes plans to address all facets of plant equipment operation including environmental issues, cost reduction, equipment installation, optimizing utilities and energy consumption.
- Determines requirements, develops specifications, obtains quotes and helps prepare project justifications for Capital Investments projects.
Click here to apply online
- Leads and manages maintenance personnel including resource planning, training and education.
- Directs, supervises and coordinates the major maintenance activities, budgets, and monitors the costs of operating the maintenance department.
- Troubleshoots plant problems; identifies failure modes and root causes, implement corrective actions including training, documentation, and PM program development.
- Implements corrective plans to ensure the maintenance shop is kept according to standards.
- Ensures the technical documentation is up to date, as well as ensures that all technicians are providing technical aid to the maintenance with a support for maintenance work or to problem solve and participate in operators training.