Plant Engineer (Manager)
Plant Engineer – Fernley/Reno NV
This is the base salary pay range that an applicant can expect to make upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for an incentive bonus.
The Plant Engineer is responsible for overseeing/maintaining maintenance and engineering functions for a single manufacturing facility. The Plant Engineer is responsible for all aspects of capital and maintenance budgets for the facility including but not limited to the following: Capex budgeting and management; development of long-term Capex budgeting; monthly reporting for Capex spends; monthly review of maintenance and facility spend; equipment improvements, equipment reliability; supporting and driving productivity improvements, managing and staffing of the Maintenance department; and energy management.
Your Day to Day:
- Manage the Asset Care Reliability Program for continual improvements to maintenance
- Manage, staff, and coordinate the Maintenance Department
- Develop and manage Capex program and Project Management
- Oversee the purchasing of MRO materials
- Support, develop and drive productivity Improvements
- Ensure environmental and safety compliance for the facility
- Manage and control plant energy programs
- Manage, control and report spend for plant maintenance budget
- May oversee and coordinate all Information Technology activities
- Work and partner with Plant Leadership team to achieve business goals
- Diagnose and solve complex problems
- Participate in strategic planning for future state of the facility
- Present STRAP planning to leadership
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with a minimum of 5 years manufacturing/project engineering experience and 2 years of work experience in a leadership role
- Working knowledge/understanding of SAP Plant Maintenance Module, SAP Project Systems Module, and SAP Procure to Pay Module
- Thorough knowledge of environmental and safety Local/State/Federal rules/regulations
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
- Ability to understand business principles
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Manages a staff of hourly/salary employees, sets direction, and deploys resources. Responsible for performance evaluations, pay reviews, hiring and terminating.
- Minimal travel required (15% - 20%)
- May be required to lift, carry, push, or pull up to an including 25 pounds.
- Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility; may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in engineering is required
SAP experience is required
The Plant Engineer will report to the Plant Manager, will be responsible for overseeing/maintaining maintenance and reliability engineering functions for 70-employee 24/7 365 manufacturing facility.
Will be responsible for overseeing maintenance/electricians, capital ex projects
WHY WE'RE A GREAT COMPANY
Our company is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
We believe diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing, and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company, and our communities.