Plant Engineer / Maintenance Superintendent
PURPOSE: Reporting to the Plant Manager, The Plant Engineer / Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for achieving the highest level of reliability for plant equipment through committed support for the Company Performance System, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and strong ownership of the Maintenance Excellence process within their plant.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champion the Maintenance Excellence (ME) process. Serve as the Maintenance Excellence Leader for the Plant (TPM) Steering Team.
- Work closely with (TPM) Steering Team to effectively deploy the 8 sub-pillars of the Maintenance Excellence pillar.
- Support corporate initiatives and partner with Divisional Practitioners and Maintenance Excellence Leaders to effectively and efficiently progress through the TPM and ME continuums.
- Provide leadership to ensure the highest standards of equipment performance are achieved and sustained. This involves establishing a sufficient numbers of highly-skilled, trained and qualified individuals; providing the tools, facilities, and environment needed for success; implementing sufficient controls; and providing appropriate oversight.
- Works with Plant (TPM) Steering Committee to achieve zero-losses by creating an environment where personnel are fully engaged, teamwork and cooperation is routinely practiced, and maintenance personnel embrace high standards for housekeeping, craftsmanship and equipment reliability.
- Promote a culture in which production and maintenance work together to identify and resolve abnormal or degraded equipment conditions that could negatively impact safety, quality or productivity.
- Support the “Zero-Loss” initiative; improve overall equipment effectiveness by targeting the major losses, involve operators in the maintenance of their equipment, improve maintenance efficiency and effectiveness, training to improve skills and knowledge and participating in early equipment management and maintenance prevention design.
- B.S. Mechanical, Electrical, or related Engineering degree highly preferred
- 5+ years of maintenance supervisory experience in a paper mill is required
- Experience in TPM or Reliability field preferred.
- Experience with CMMS preferred.
Pulp & Paper