endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Plant Controller - Montebello
Publicly-traded transportation leader is looking for an exceptional finance professional who has experience working in a large manufacturing setting within a facility generating significant revenue (non-union). This is a premium position for someone looking for a key role in a rapidly growing organization. We have completed several targeted acquisitions in the last 5 years and are recognized as the marketing share leader in our space.
We are publicly-traded, and our share price is up a whopping 336% in the last half decade.
We are a progressively-managed innovator with a positive culture in a rapidly growing niche industry which we dominate. If you are looking for an exceptional position where you can utilize all your finance skills rather than do maintenance on existing systems this is the role for you!
- The Plant Controller position is responsible for planning and coordinating multi-site plant budget and business planning activities in alignment with corporate policies and practices.
- The Plant Controller will provide financial direction to the plant and provide recommendations to improve site performance.
- This role is responsible for internal controls, month-end close, supporting the management team with information and analytics on plant costs, inventory management, and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Key areas of responsibility will include: spend analysis, material & labor variance analysis, forecasting, KPI (key performance indicators) management and reporting, asset safeguarding, and evaluating/tracking cost out opportunities.
- Support the Plant Manager, Business Unit Controller and VP of Finance and Corporate Controller in all their financial reporting and analysis needs
- Month-end Close - Responsible for monthly accounting close and reporting cycle, including balance sheet account reconciliations, key statistical entries, manufacturing variances and other financial reporting requirements.
- General Accounting – Ensure compliance with Spartan policies and procedures in accordance with U.S. GAAP with respect to period recognition of costs, capital vs. expense, accruals, etc. Implement Standard Operating Procedures and make recommendations to improve them for potential adoption across all plants. Support internal and external audit requirements according to SOX and the PBC listing.
- Cost Accounting - Responsible for maintaining standard costs, bill of material cost rolls, PPV analysis, monthly journal entries, and labor & overhead analysis and reporting. Participate in plant problem solving and Continuous Improvement (CI) teams as finance subject matter expert by providing manufacturing support and analysis in such areas as process performance, line efficiency, capital spending, inventory management, customer service objectives, production costing, and cost reduction.
- Data Integrity – Ensure that plant activity for production, shipments, plant expenses, and inventory adjustments are recorded timely and accurately so that information in the systems can be relied upon for accounting, financial reporting, supply chain execution, and analysis.
- Internal Controls – Monitor and implement plant internal controls (in conjunction with corporate policies) as necessary to ensure reporting integrity, safeguard company assets, and identify risks
- Planning & Forecasting - Coordinate the plant annual planning with preparation of the plant budget, monthly forecasts, and ongoing reporting and analysis of actual costs vs, budget, key drivers of variances, and identifying opportunities for cost management. This includes certain weekly spend and KPI reporting.
- Spend Analysis and Control - Help nvestigation in weekly/monthly dashboard of spending, highlighting opportunities for improvement.
- Support analysis and commentary of drivers behind variances, month to month vs. prior year, and forecast and budget.
- Review production variances (materials & labor) with management and help drive to root cause.
- Collate labor straight time and overtime daily and review with plant management.
- Ensure correct codifications of expenses are in line with company standards
- Monitors spending on key categories to include maintenance, supplies, and consumables, and support company initiatives to reduce spending.
- Review and approve inventory cycle counts inter-month and period-end physicals in-line with Company instructions, document results, and suggest improvements.
- Support working capital improvement plans.
- When required, participate in capital expenditure development, and post spend audit
- Key member of team identifying and driving implementation of cost out opportunities
- Special Projects – Lead or assist special projects from time to time as part of the Corporate Finance team.
- Estimate product costs to support quoting activities
- Ad Hoc analysis and other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong cost accounting and inventory control experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Comfortable walking the manufacturing floor daily and participating in plant operational meetings.
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting techniques as well as proficiency with financial statement analysis and projection
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Office, advanced knowledge in Excel
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in handling multiple concurrent tasks and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries from the business.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, public groups, peers and staff.
- Must demonstrate the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and character and promote ethical business behavior throughout the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to look for new ways for the company to improve
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to reach a common goal
- Demonstrate strong and pragmatic business acumen
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Understanding of computer driven process controls and enterprise resource systems in a manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method
- Strong and consistent attention to detail
- Willing to improve self / area / company (including pursing additional training, if needed)
- The desire and ability to plan, organize and provide analysis in all phases of the accounting process to assure the facility has the tools needed to operate in an efficient & profitable manner
- Sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Versatile, flexible, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
Our benefit offerings include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Dependent Scholarships
- Quarterly Bonus
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Purchased Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.