endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
We are retained by a global leading multi-billion dollar leader and looking for a “dynamic, results driven” individual to join as a Senior Controller.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Develops, analyzes and interprets statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of profitability performance against budget, prior year, forecasts and other matters bearing on the financial soundness and operating effectiveness of the manufacturing plant location.
This position will direct, manage and coordinate the General and Cost accounting activities, as well as the financial reporting function for the location in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure the safeguarding of the Company’s assets (including risk management).
- As a member of the senior leadership staff of the site, partner with the Plant Manager and other senior staff members in strategic planning and decision making.
- Participate in setting organizational goals and objectives to align with policies, particularly regarding product pricing and margins, cost management, capital investment, personnel policies and organizational structure.
- Ensure that all systems (financial and operational) provide accurate, timely and meaningful information for management action and decision making.
- Drive plant performance improvement including development of customer and supplier negotiation strategies, as well as plant operational improvement initiatives.
- Develop a professional and motivated financial organization which assures PDS & succession.
- Provide early warning on all business trends that affect the sales and profit performance of the business, including P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and operational issues.
- Provide financial leadership in all quoting, cost estimating and appropriation request preparation using Risk Strategist models.
- Provide financial training to key members of the management team to allow them to interpret financial results and key financial indicators and develop a business strategy that meets corporate requirements for value creation.
- Insure effective Internal control structure is in place and operating effectively.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and related variance analyses for corporate reporting and to ensure budget control.
- Responsible for management of capital programs including budgeting, forecasting and review of appropriation requests.
- Administers the annual Budget and Long-Range Plan process and prepares financials for Budget and Long-Range Plan.
- Supervises Accounting Department personnel including payroll, payables, cost accounting, receivables, general ledger, and budget analysis.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA or CMA Required
- MBA Preferred
- 10 years or more experience in accounting with increasing responsibility
- Learning on the Fly
- Action Oriented
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
This position will adhere to Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.