Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for a Planning Engineer - Treatments. The individual will focus on supporting the manufacturing planning and improvements in the Engineering department for all treatment processes. This position allows qualified personnel to continue learning through accrued on-the-job training and job experience personnel to enter the department and learn and support engineering planning with the guidance of the Senior Planner. Liaison with customers and other departments in an integral component of the position. Participation in implementing new systems or processes including creation of suitable written procedures or work instructions will be required.
- Full Time- Permanent Contract.
- Weekdays: 38 hours per week.
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Contribute to the efficient manufacture of new and existing components through the timely creation and maintenance of product definititions with the Bill of Material database.
- Contribute to the efficient processing of new and existing components through the timely creation and maintenance of shop prder routings giving due regard to estimated shop hours and customer quality and schedule requirements.
- Contribute to the efficient processing of new and exisiting components through creation of standard operating procedures.
- Contribute to the efficient processing of new and existing components through liaison with customer, contracts, techincal and quality representatives on matter concerning concessions, deviations, product definition, tooling, inspection schedule, and corrective actions.
- Contribute to efforts made in secruring new business through the analysis of drawings and specifications during the evaluation and estimating phases of customer tenders providing suitable details for inclusion in final submissions as applicable
- Contribute to the long term upgrading of departmental skills by providing training to Entry Manufacturing Planners and participation in task teams for introducting new systems or processes including creation of required procedures and instructions
- Contribute to the overall success of specific projects through participation in project meetings, make or buy decisions, MRB activities, product improvement recommendations, value analysis studies, task team activties, training sessions and supplier liaison.
- Successful completion of a Mechanical Engineering or Technologist Course in a relevant engineering discipline from a recognised College or University or see experience below.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Good knowledge of treatment processes
- Ability to read engineering drawings and Specs
- Good knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- CAD/CAM experience is an advantage
- Experience of Aircraft procedures is an advantage
- All round basic knowledge of the manufacturing process is an advantage
- Customer/Supplier relationship skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Techincal Competencies: systems oriented, conceptual, analytical and logical
- Personal attributes: resourcful, organised, time management and process focused.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!