Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting opportunity for a Planner/Scheduler.
This is a full-time exempt role where the successful candidate will be expected to develop the level loaded master schedule and oversees the production and material planning function in support of customer demand and forecasts, and sales and inventory goals.
- Formulates and maintains the plant level loaded master schedule in accordance with customer demand and MOS level loading principals.
- Supports and assists material and production planning and purchasing, when needed, in ensuring material schedules and vendor commitments support the production plan per the plant level loaded master schedule.
- Ensures accurate MRP system outputs by overseeing and monitoring MRP system set up, parameters and master schedules.
- Develops and manages a cycle counting program and helps develop and administer processes and procedures to improve inventory accuracy, management of shelf life material, etc.
- Works with Production Control Supervisor/Manufacturing Support to ensure proper inventory and shop order transactions are executed in MRP system.
- Helps review and maintain Capacity Report to ensure proper staffing and machine scheduling and utilization.
To perform this job successfully, requires good communication skills. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in business management or administration; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervises Production and Material Planning Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.