The Planner/Master Scheduler is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the level-loaded master production schedule of all parts, including all the lower levels that go into the finished parts.
The Planner/Master Scheduler’s main responsibility is to ensure that all requirements are represented in a Master Production Schedule that is a doable plan which supports the customer agreed to line of balance for delivery. The Master Scheduler performs these functions in compliance with Magellan Operating System Policies and Procedures.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Under the direction from Director of Materials, create and maintain a Master Production Schedule that is a doable plan for all firm requirements and supports the customer agreed to line of balance for delivery.
• Review and analyze customer demand vs internal capacities and flow.
• Create and align work orders to meet commitments.
• Rough cut and detailed capacity analysis.
• Ensure that planning parameters in the MPS/MRP system are routinely reviewed and kept up to date.
• Inventory management and reduction activities
• Chair the weekly and monthly production rate meetings to review the master production schedule.
• Works closely alongside Production Control function to ensure doable and up-to-date schedules down the work center level, ensuring daily schedules are achieved.
• Works closely with Engineering, Quality, Production Control, Procurement and Manufacturing to ensure the doable plan is achieved.
• Other related tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field or 7+ years’ experience in a Complex manufacturing environment with multi-level BOM’s. MBA and/or APICS would be an asset.
• (Or, as per the above point) 7+ years’ experience in a Complex manufacturing environment with multi-level BOM’s and 5+ of those years in a Planning/Scheduling role using MRP/ERP.
• Extensive experience with MRP/ERP
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!