Position: Plan Implementation Coordinator x 4 positions
Duration: 6 months
Location: 100% remote
Note: We remain open during Canadian Stat holidays, which employees cover off on a rotational basis. Currently our department is open Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm AST rotational shifts are required.
Are you looking for an opportunity to get a 360-degree understanding of the Retirement Plan Services (RPS) business? Do you consider yourself a master relationship manager? Are you able to handle many things at the same time? If this interests you, then we want to meet you!
The role of the Plan Implementation Coordinator is to provide our clients and third-party business partners with a superior service experience while setting up their new contract in an accurate and efficient manner. Your ability to build strong relationships, and make a strong first impression with our clients, will create a lifetime of loyalty. This is an opportunity to join a fast paced, dynamic team and to develop your project management skills.
As Plan Implementation Coordinator, you will:
- Build and maintain new relationships throughout the entire post-sale, new business process by leading multiple parties through the process, setting expectations and effectively responding to questions, issues and problems, following up on outstanding items.
- Ability to handle a full caseload of mostly smaller asset clients with varying complexities
- Identify, analyze, design and quarterback implementation in a time sensitive environment.
- Effectively manage the implementation during the onboarding cycle while partnering with both client and internal/external team members.
- Negotiate with external parties and other internal John Hancock Financial departments to minimize financial exposure.
- Facilitate/quarterback the receipt of all required documentation while enforcing Underwriting Guidelines to ensure all forms are received and completed in compliance with federal and state legislation.
- Provide oversight and ownership of the processing of large financial transactions which may also include non-standard and/or specially priced arrangements, to ensure proper pricing and setup of the contract
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, identify trends and patterns of new case submissions and escalate issues to management thereby contributing to departmental goals and initiatives.
- Identify the developmental needs of the department as well as contribute to the work systems improvement of the department by identifying barriers and providing input on solutions.
- Issue the client contract in accordance with the plan specifications and federal & state legislation while identifying contracts that may require amendment packages due to legislative changes or product enhancements.
- Build solid partnerships with internal and external partners, through varying sales cycles and tight timelines.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of pension/investment business is an asset
- Strong negotiation, relationship management and organizational skills.
- A mathematical aptitude is helpful
- Ability to manage competing prioritizes and continuously deliver on expectations.
- Take ownership for escalated issues generated by assigned caseload and/or team and inform appropriate parties as required.
- Ability to judge and decide what requires immediate attention and action with a sense of urgency to bring about the desired result.
- Proven negotiation and problem-solving skills with the ability to recognize implications of issues and solutions.
- Demonstrated strength in obtaining or providing information in situations which require tact, diplomacy or persuasion and dealing with frustrated or uncooperative clients and/or key relationships.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships while exercising your interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines in a high volume/high incoming assets environment.
- Previous experience in project management would be valuable in this role
- High attention to detail with the ability to identify inconsistencies and errors.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Key team player with ability to influence, negotiate and develop “win-win solutions”.
- Ability to communicate complex and at times, technical information clearly and at a level appropriate to the listener.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to navigate multiple systems/screens simultaneously