Plan Controller - Healthcare
Our client has an immediate need for a Plan Controller with a CPA and at least five years of financial reporting experience with a Fortune 500 company or coming out of Public with some M&A experience.
This role will be involved with a lot of integration and acquisition work.
• Prepare and review financial statements and financial reports for both internal and external reporting requirements including schedules or packages distributed to the BOD, corporate senior management & CEO and plan management team.
• Lead presentations of monthly financial results and analysis to corporate senior management & CEO and plan management team.
• Review and participate in budget and financial forecast processes, including a thorough knowledge of the key operational trends related to member mix shifts, utilization, unit cost, state program changes and health plan initiatives to effectively control costs.
• Responsible for ensuring and monitoring the health plan’s achievement towards membership, revenue, medical expense and SG&A goals.
• Work closely with the health plan management team to ensure the division is identifying and executing on critical initiatives.
• Provide and coordinate with Health Economics in-depth financial and business analysis to identify emerging trends in the business; communicate and report results to management and work with related departments (Medical Management, Contracting, plan president and management team) regarding issues.
• Monitor business processes and systems to ensure financial reports are in compliance with GAAP and/or SSAP and company policies and standards.
• Act as the primary contact and responsible for health plan audits.
• Serve as liaison for state, health plan president, and health plan finance area regarding health plan financial matters. Qualifications:
• Education/Experience: Bachelor's’ degree in Accounting or related field. 5+ years related experience.
• Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP),
• Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP) and budgeting.
• License/Certification: CPA preferred.
For immediate consideration for this role send your resume to William Franks at firstname.lastname@example.org
IND123Click here to apply online