We are seeking a full-time permanent Physical Plant Operator / Security Officer to join our team at the Rockwood Plant. This position will consist of a two week rotation - three shifts one week, and four shifts the next week, alternating. All shifts will be 12-hour overnights, 6:30pm to 6:30am.
Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Physical Plant Operator at our Rockwood Propellant Plant. The Rockwood facility is located just 20 minutes North of Winnipeg, near Stony Mountain, MB.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free parking
- Fulfill responsibilities of a plant operator under the Power Engineering Act for a Class 5 plant. (Note: training could be provided for those without power engineering certification).
- Monitor production operations and facilities, making adjustments or calling upon qualified assistance.
- Maintain plant security by site patrolling and site monitoring from a centralized console.
- Control visitor access in the plant.
- Act as a contact for internal radio communication and for emergency response situations.
- Maintain key and radio control.
- Maintain a variety of records related to gas usage, visitor location within the plant, overtime authorization and employee location, equipment loan, environmental conditions, facility conditions and time keeping.
- Act as relief switchboard operator during regular hours and answer phone calls during off hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Background / Knowledge:
- Valid Class 5 Province of Manitoba Power Engineering Certificate and/or experience in Plant operations/maintenance will be considered a definite asset.
- Basic training in security through the Protective Officers Association Program or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of plant’s facilities, equipment and production activities. Fair understanding of plant maintenance will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of policy and work instructions relating to plant operations/security, and judgment in exercising discretions granted in these.
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing the operator to effectively manage the team and work with the plant staff, general public and emergency responders.
- Computer literate, including operating video surveillance cameras, basic knowledge of internet browsing, Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Capacity to quickly address and resolve unexpected development and disruptions.
- Mechanical aptitude.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.