Phlebotomy Technician (Registered/Certified)
- Degree: Certificate.
- Education: Graduate from an academic course of phlebotomy that includes 120 didactic hours (or required by state law).
- Certification: Certification/registration as determined by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or AMT as specified in the TO.
- Experience: Completed 1040 hours as a Phlebotomy Technician within past 3 years. Must have performed 50 successful venipuncture and 10 successful skin punctures.
Click here to apply online
- Collect blood samples from patients
- Practice proper patient identification, especially when working on hospital floors
- Label vials with patient names and dates
- Decipher the best method for drawing blood depending on the specific patient
- Transport all specimen samples to a nearby laboratory
- Centrifuge blood samples, depending on if this is allowed in the state you are working in
- Expect to work with a large number of patients varying in age and health status
- Practice infection control standards at all times when working with patients and equipment