Our client is a Hormone Treatment Therapy Clinic area looking for a phlebotomist responsible for drawing blood from patients for diagnostic, donation, or transfusion purposes. They may test the blood specimens themselves or they will be responsible for labeling the specimen vials and arranging transportation of specimens to laboratories for analysis.
This is a Temp to Perm opportunity, Monday – Friday 8am-5pm. In order to be successful as a phlebotomist you will need to be thorough when carrying out your duties, successfully maintain records of blood drawings, and generate reports to submit to physicians and/or other healthcare professionals.
- Assessing patient needs, reviewing patient history, and determining the reason(s) for drawing blood.
- Selecting gauge needles and preparing veins or fingers for blood drawing.
- Extracting blood from patients through venipuncture or fingerstick.
- Analyzing blood specimens using the correct testing equipment, when necessary.
- Preparing specimens for transportation, including labeling vials accurately and matching blood specimens to patients.
- Supplying diagnostic notes to physicians, other healthcare professionals, and hospitals.
- Cleaning, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory equipment used in the drawing and testing of blood specimens.
- Ordering laboratory supplies, as needed.
- To learn more, please contact Sevana at firstname.lastname@example.org call 602-788-5890 ext 122