This is a full-time, 40 hour/ week position. Hours are 8:00 - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.
- Assessing patient needs, reviewing patient history, and determining the reason(s) for drawing blood.
- Selecting gauge needles and preparing veins or fingers for blood drawing.
- Extracting blood from patients through venipuncture or fingerstick.
- Analyzing blood specimens using the correct testing equipment, when necessary.
- Preparing specimens for transportation, including labeling vials accurately and matching blood specimens to patients.
- Supplying diagnostic notes to physicians, other healthcare professionals, and hospitals.
- Cleaning, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory equipment used in the drawing and testing of blood specimens.
- Ordering laboratory supplies, as needed.
- Diploma in phlebotomy.
- Certification with the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, Inc. and/or the National Phlebotomy Association (NPA).
- Proven experience working as a phlebotomist.
- Experience using effective puncture techniques.
- Knowledge of testing protocols and the use of testing equipment.
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at email@example.com