Labor and Delivery
Prenatal education is an important component of supporting healthy pregnancies. Prenatal education promotes the maintenance of healthy lifestyles during pregnancy, helping expectant mothers manage stress, support a healthy diet, avoid harmful chemicals and situations, recognize warning signs and symptoms that mean something may be wrong with their pregnancy, and prepare for labor and delivery.
Under the direction of the department director or designee, the Perinatal Educator in Labor and Delivery prioritizes and manages multiple demands in an ever-changing healthcare environment. Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required. Must be able to use word processing and presentation software. Ability to effectively coordinate efforts with others, including interdisciplinary groups. Self-motivated and proven ability to work both independently and effectively as a team member with a variety of healthcare specialists.
Minimum Experience Required
- 3 years of clinical experience in perinatal nursing care.
- 3 years of experience in planning, implementing, and evaluating educational programs in the acute care setting.
Minimum Education Required
- BSN required (master’s degree Preferred)
- CPI required (Within 30 days of hire)
REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS
- Current Registered Nurse license to practice professional nursing in the State of California.
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Current STABLE/Instructor or within 90 days of hire
- Current NRP certification/Instructor
- Current AWHONN Fetal Monitoring Instructor
Hoss Melton Recruiter
Main 512-795-2000 ext 80 West Coast Office 323-515-8299 Mobile 805-205-4699