Our client has an immediate need for a Payroll Specialist.
- Prepare and Process bi-weekly payrolls accurately, efficiently and timely, including all regular payroll cycles and special payroll runs and manual checks as needed, ensuring compliance with state and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
- Claims and reconciles time sheets in scheduling software, to process for payroll.
- Prepare and maintains payroll records, reports and files.
- Reviews and analyzes payroll reports for accuracy and makes necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Maintains and updates payroll and deduction schedule with payroll provider
- Research and resolve payroll, accrual, and benefit queries from employees in a timely manner.
- Reviews changes to employee data for accuracy.
- Follows defined audit procedures and recommends changes to ensure process integrity and wage and tax reporting accuracy.
- Assist payroll accounting, transactions, stop payments, and other operations.
- Oversee, audit and reconcile salary changes, compensation, PTO, bonus and vacation payouts within payroll system.
- Reconcile benefit deductions within payroll.
- Develop and hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
- Assists in developing and is responsible for continual maintenance of payroll process documentation to ensure business process continuity.
- Ensures company is in compliance with all court ordered wage assignments and garnishments.
- Verify, track, and process payroll exceptions like expense and mileage reimbursement, payroll corrections, etc.
- Adheres to the strict confidentiality of payroll records, pay rate information and other wage related employee elements.
- Education on time and attendance, note submittal, and other policies within billing and payroll.
Responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.
Bachelor’s Degree preferredMinimum of 4+ years of related payroll experienceKnowledge of Basic Accounting Principles and Payroll practices requiredStrong Microsoft Office skillsStrong application / software support experience, Paychex or CertiPay preferredGeneral knowledge of HR, payroll, and timekeepingCall Center experience a plus