Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haley has been producing magnesium and aluminum castings for the aerospace industry. Located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley west of Renfrew there is an opening for a Payroll Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Payroll Specialist will be responsible for timely delivery of weekly and bi-weekly payrolls ensuring compliance with all government regulations. The successful incumbent will also be responsible for proper and accurate administration of the employee benefit and pension plans.
- Process weekly / biweekly payroll for all employees at two locations ensuring that data is accurate and compliant with all government rules and regulations. Maintain employee database and payroll files.
- Maintain company time and attendance system and implement rates and/or salary changes
- Administer and issue required payment documentation for the employee Group Insurance plans, WSIB, Pensions (billings, enrollment, premiums etc.)
- Maintain company benefit system through the provider’s portal and administer the Short Term Disability program
- Provide assistance to all employees in relation to payroll / benefit questions
- Manage and maintain vacation entitlements
- Prepare payroll/absenteeism/costing reports are required
- Meet all payroll related deadlines
- Post-Secondary business relative program. CPA Payroll courses or proven equivalent experience
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner, Employee Benefits Specialist
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in a unionized environment
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Possess excellent communication skills and an exceptional level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)