Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Officer/Accounts Admin
- Full Time Temp 6-12 month Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Magellan Aerospace, Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Officer / Accounts Administrator across a multi site manufacturing business. Duties included but are not limited to the below responsibilities
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Process information on starters, leavers, weekly timesheet hours, overtime, bonus, pension, SSP, SMP, completion of P45 and P46 information, payments, and deductions by way of Liaising with the HR Team.
- To ensure payroll is ready to run within the agreed internal & external timelines and UK legislation.
- Produce reports for Directors and other departments from Payroll as and when required.
- Assist with the month end process, including accruals and collection of Journal information, and to provide other monthly reporting and analysis as needed, such as for headcount reporting, along with inputting of invoices into EFACS & SAP and reconciling GRNI
- Assisting HR in preparing Annual Gender Pay Gap reporting data.
- Record benefits and expenses for preparation of annual P11d returns.
- Produce P11d/P60, RTI, EPS submission returns in line with HMRC reporting timelines.
- Reconcile and review average holiday pay calculations historically and on on-going basis
- Maintaining reports for Pensions, (joiners, leavers, changes, and payment files) on a monthly basis.
- Liaising and assisting finance with reconciliation of data where required and general office admin.
- Input of timesheets or reconciliation of Manager input and attendance data into Payroll on a weekly basis for Bi Weekly, Monthly, Weekly Payrolls, checking data and raising queries when required.
- Running additional checks at month end to ensure Payroll data is correct and querying any discrepancies.
- Dealing with payroll related tasks and queries including overtime hours and holidays, corrections, and updates.
- Provide assistance and reports to Internal & External Customers
- Sickness and annual leave reports for Managers relating to their staff as and when required as well as maintaining Holiday & Overtime Files
- On a rotational basis being responsible for responding to payroll queries sent through via the payroll in-box within the agreed 48-hour response time.
- CATS & SOX Compliance and part of monthly / Weekly duties
- Experience within manufacturing environment desirable.
- Experience within a multi shift environment desirable.
- Experience and knowledge Accounts Payable and the ability to input of invoices
- 2/3+ Years Payroll & AP experience
- Excellent numerical skills
- A good understanding of Microsoft Packages including Excel
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise daily workload
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multitask an often complex workload
- A keen eye for detail
- Enjoy working within a team but autonomy to work alone
- Input of invoices & reconciling GRNI
- Methodical and accurate
- Must be able to work on own initiative in small working environment
- Very hands-on approach.
- Must be confident in dealing with people at all levels
- Must demonstrate a ‘can do’ approach by being proactive
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!