Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a UK Payroll Manager.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
This position is responsible for the management and administration of payroll, including time and attendance across all UK locations within Magellan.
Responsible for the management, preparation and processing of weekly and monthly payroll for 700+ hourly paid and 100+ salaried employees across 5 sites, including processing of deductions, provision of relevant management information and ensuring compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
Basic level of accounting knowledge required to ensure payroll output aligns with finance requirements.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
Essential Duties Responsibilities
- Ensures accurate, reliable and timely payment of all wages and salaries, including overtime and other adjustments. Provides prompt resolution of queries
- Ensures accurate calculation of statutory and non-statutory deductions and timely payment to HMRC and other parties.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- Maintenance of payroll master data
- Provides timely accounting data and management reporting as required
- Supports reconciliation of all payroll-related accounts
- Devise and maintain payroll-related policies and prodcedures
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
- Manage a team of payroll Officers
- Manage the group pension scheme administration
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including HR, operations management and finance.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- Substantial experience leading large and complex payroll with multiple sites and hourly paid workers
- Comprehensive and upto date knowledge of HMRC requirements and best practice relating to payroll processing.
- Hands on experience with payroll software/ HRIS (e.g. SAP, Cascade, Iris) and confident spreadsheet user
- Demonstrable experience of effective stakeholder management
- Attention to detail
- Strong focus on deadlines
- Customer Focus
- Results Driven
- Can combine pragmatism with compliance
Other skills/Abilities/ Personal Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong IT skills
- Accounting Skills
- Ability to interact at senior levels within the business
- Ability to gain credibility quickly
- Ability to solve problems and simplify complex situations
- Ability to manipulate, interpret and report on data
- Approachable and engaging in style
- Flexible approach to tasks
- Must have a can do attitude
- Detail orientated
- Measured and calm when under pressure
- Credible – both with the internal and external customer
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!