The Payroll Supervisor leads payroll operations for the organization. Develops procedures and supervises the preparation, documentation and disbursement of payroll payments and payroll taxes. Prepares and consolidates reports for stakeholders, analyzes and addresses audit findings, reconciles and resolves complex payroll processing and payroll issues. Ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and applicable government regulations. Works with vendors to ensure quality metrics are met.
· Lead, train and develop payroll processing team members.
· Establish documented procedures, processes, and standards for the payroll cycle.
· Ensure accurate processing of specialized transactions for Executives, separated colleagues, colleagues on severance and other special circumstances.
· Act as an escalation point of contact for payroll processing, when needed.
· Ensure the payroll processing vendor follows company policies, regional regulatory requirements, and the company payroll strategy.
· Review and certify payroll signoffs as required.
· Work with the payroll vendors to ensure pay disbursements, tax deposits, and tax filings are completed accurately and timely.
· Gather payroll processing feedback and provide information and insight to Payroll team and leadership.
· Assess technology requirements and changes and ensure that systematic updates are completed by the vendor in a timely and complete manner.
· Ensure all regulatory requirements and updates are satisfied and completed as required.
· Review the payroll process periodically to identify opportunities for improvements, and then design/ roll-out updated procedures.
· Develop and publish metrics to measure the productivity and efficiency of the payroll team, establish targets for team members, and measure performance vs. targets.
- Experience with ADP, and or other common, payroll and time/attendance systems required.
- 3+ years Payroll Supervisory experience
- CPP Certified
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Data analysis and complex calculations
- May need to work non-standard hours depending on company need.