Main responsibilities include payroll administration, 401(k) administration, health insurance administration, and other benefits administration.
Also supports other HR functions such as health and safety, personnel change communications, and compliance related tasks.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may train individuals as requested or required.
- Exercise confidentiality and information protection protocols and protect all confidential and personal information. Keep trained and updated on all confidentiality and data protection protocols.
- Perform payroll related functions by checking attendance and availability of paid time off and sick leave balances in payroll system; by entering and maintaining employee payroll and benefits information in the payroll system; by processing monthly exempt payrolls, by processing quarterly and yearend adjustments for expats; and by training employees to use the payroll system to obtain payroll information.
- Maintain payroll and benefits related reports, budgets, and data. Create specific reports as requested.
- Enters updated compensation and benefits data into PayScale.
- Administer company sponsored employee ancillary benefits (short term disability, long term disability, and New York DBL); ensure timely and accurate enrollment; report monthly totals to insurance provider accurately and in a timely manner; prepare posting details and submit to administration for payment in a timely manner. Record data into YTD reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Report New York PSL deductions to insurance provider and Administration contact in an accurate and timely manner. Work with Administration to ensure proper reporting and payment of deducted amounts.
- Administer company sponsored employee health benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision); ensure timely and accurate enrollment; checking provider billing statements for accuracy, prepare posting details, and submit to Administration contact for payment in a timely manner. Record data into YTD reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Administer employee voluntary benefits (AFLAC, TSA, and Dependent Care FSA), ensure timely and accurate enrollment; report deductions to benefits provider in an accurate and timely manner; prepare posting details, and submit invoices to administration for payment in a timely manner. Report enrollments and changes to HR Team member responsible for payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
- Check accuracy of funding in the Company 401(k) Plan.
- Support external and internal audits for payroll, benefits, and 401(k) Plan.
- Supports handbook and business trip policy updates, safety updates, health and benefits, business driver safety, office safety protocols, and other training prepared internally by the HR Team.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Responsible for open enrollment, new enrollment, changes to employee account, and other benefits related administration.
- Responsible for maintaining necessary employee I-9 records and copies. Follows up for documents requiring updates, moves, and adds documents in a timely manner. Ensures documents are completed and verified in an accurate and timely manner.
- Keeps updated and accurate records of employee count for the company and when requested for group affiliates.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Immediately notifies supervisor (or supervisor’s manager in supervisor’s absence) for any issues or concerns.
- Supports, participates, and completes other projects and programs as assigned or requested.
- Performs time sensitive back-up functions during team members absence. Cross-trains in areas where training may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Communication - Communicates effectively and appropriately. Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as the best way to get that accomplished. Speaks in a clear and credible manner, selecting the right tone for the situation and audience. Listens to others and allows them to make their point.
- Dependability - Makes and fulfills commitments. Has established a pattern of working independently, meeting reasonable deadlines, and accepting responsibility for his or her actions. Willingly makes promises and fully intends to keep them. Arrives at work on time and ready to contribute. Shows up for meetings well-prepared.
- Managing Multiple Priorities - Handles multiple assignments and priorities yet still fulfills all commitments. Readily accepts new responsibilities and adapts well to changes in procedures. Gives appropriate priorities to various work demands.
- Quality of Work - Has established a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail and reflects well on the organization. Is personally committed to high quality work and encourages others to have similar standards.
- Technical Credibility - Has achieved credibility related to technical standards and procedures by demonstrating a depth of judgement, knowledge and technical skill important for the position. Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements and policies related to the position.
- Over 3 years of strong payroll, benefits, and HR experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including benefits administration, talent acquisition, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
This position requires mostly domestic travel for business purposes. The frequency of travel will be dependent upon business requirements.
This position requires the ability to drive for business purposes. Possession of a valid state driver’s license and a valid passport are required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Office business hours are generally 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.