Magellan Aerospace, Haley
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haley has a great opportunity for a Production Patternmaker Apprentice. The successful incumbent will layout, construct and repair any type of wood, plastic and/or metal pattern and corebox used in the foundry
- Operate computer and uses CAD data visualizing use of completed pattern methods of construction.
- Design patterns and coreboxes of varying degrees of complexity in accordance with established principles of pattern making and moulding practices.
- Perform development layout work in accordance with the accepted methods of pattern requirements for any regular, irregular or complex shapes.
- Fit, finish and assemble component parts of the pattern using hand tools, adhesives, nails, dowels, to conform with engineering drawing specifications and good foundry practice.
- Repair broken and /or defective metal, wooden or plastic patterns and / or coreboxes for repair or to conform with design changes.
- Applies ordinary heat treatment to ferrous and non-ferrous materials of any shape, requiring a general knowledge of physical properties of materials, critical temperatures, various techniques of heat treating, drawing, tempering, annealing and the application of various quenching mediums.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of machine shop and tool room practices and techniques, properties of various materials. The principles of application and operation of various types of tools, fixtures, dies, instruments and machinery, and the ability to plan and execute difficult work of precision tolerances including tool and gauge calibration.
- Interprets and analyses engineering drawings and sketches
- Set up and operate any type of wood or metal working machine and use a variety of hand and hand-powered tools to cut and form material to any specified intricate shape.
- Build necessary gauges and / or templates as required for all types of patterns and core assemblies.
- Candidates must have successfully completed a minimum 1 year post-secondary program in a machinist or toolmaking field
- Applicants will be assessed for the position based on their academic qualifications and previous work experience
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)