Director of Perioperative Services
Northern NY area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director of Perioperative Services in the Northern NY area. The ideal candidate will possess 5 years of current experience working in an operating room in an acute care hospital and have 5 years of current experience working in a management role in an Operating Room or Surgery Center.
Responsibilities of the Director of Perioperative Services
- Oversees daily clinical operations in the operating room and perioperative services
- Assures great service, growth, development, and personnel management to ensure consistency in the Perioperative department
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the Operating Room (OR) program to ensure quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission
- Maintains complete and accurate records of assessments within the Operating Room (OR) Department
- Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the Operating Room team.
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care
Requirements of the Director of Perioperative Services
- Master's Degree in Nursing (ADN) required
- Current and Valid RN license
- 5 years of current experience working in an operating room in an acute care hospital
- 5 years of current experience working in a management role in an Operating Room or Surgery Center.
- NEA certification
- AORN certification
- BLS Required
- Ability to administer all proper clinical care of the patient
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem-solving skill set