Strivant Health partners with physician practices to improve revenue cycle operations by optimizing people, processes and technology. We provide best in class Medical Billing, Collections, Call Center, Credentialing and Analytics that are all designed to focus on maximizing our provider clients’ revenue. This allows our client providers to stay focused on the practice of medicine, rather than the business of medicine. We have worked with over 4,000 providers representing 25 different specialties and over 30 technology platforms in our 20+ years of business.
Benefits: Strivant Health offers its employees excellent benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401(k), paid holidays, PTO.
Location: This position is based in our Tinley Park, IL Headquarters at 7851 West 185th St., Ste 200, Tinley Park, IL 60477. This is not a remote position. The position is based onsite in an office setting. We follow standard CDC guidelines for social distancing, wearing masks and other recommendations to conduct office related functions. We are a third party follow-up billing company. We are not a patient care center and we do not receive the public at our office locations.
Hours: Monday - Friday. 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Status: Full Time, benefits eligible
Patient Access Representative - 1 year experience
The mission of the Patient Access Representative is to guide our patients along the path to accessing resources for optimal health. We are seeking a positive and energetic champion of customer service who finds pride in creating the ultimate patient experience. They will be a resource for ensuring patient’s eligibility, registrations and timely prior authorizations are completed to allow access to their care in a seamless and uncomplicated manner.
- Performs complete and accurate registration and/or eligibility functions to provide information to maximize reimbursement, and ensures timely and thorough information to all other d users of patient data.
- Verifies insurance requirements, obtains and understands insurance benefits. Collects non-covered fees over the telephone.
- Informs patients of registration processes and privacy notification, establishes financial responsibility to meet internal, regulatory or payer requirements. Explains payer policies to patients. When applicable, completes the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) questionnaire and discusses potential deferral of services.
- Ensures financial protocols and requirements are met. Refers patients to Financial Counselors for identification of financial assistance options.
- Minimizes third party payer denials by verifying authorization of service prior to forwarding patients to service delivery areas.
- Maintains current knowledge of insurance requirements communicated by email, memorandum, educational matrices and in-services.
- Communicates effectively with service delivery areas when unresolved financial issues impact appointment schedules.
- Utilizes price estimator to determine financial responsibility and attempt to secure all financial responsibility prior to the date of service.
- Maintain registration accuracy by meeting or exceeding expectations with 97% or higher accuracy score.
- Resolve all work queues within Department standards determined time period to release bill holds to ensure timely reimbursement.
- Research and conduct outreach via phone/fax to obtain additional information to process coverage requests and complete all necessary actions to close cases.
- Consistently demonstrate premier customer service and communication skills with all internal and external customers/contacts and ensure the patient and their family members have the best encounter possible.
- May do new hire training and acts as a resource team member for performance improvement activities and a super user for various registration and scheduling related systems.
- Maintain internal logs (Excel format)
- Stay informed of changes with the procedures and laws for the specific insurance carriers or payers.
- Contact client for missing data elements or confirmation of information
- Assist in special projects assigned by management.
- Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge.
- Respond timely to emails and telephone messages from the staff, management, and the client.
- May assist with registration, claim edit, charge entry, cash research and payment posting, as needed.
- Effectively communicate issues to management, including payer, system or escalated account issues as well as develop solutions.
- Incumbents are required to have physical attendance onsite at a Strivant Health approved office location to perform the duties of the role by regularly interacting with managers, other staff members, & clients.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in of medical office or medical customer service work experience using multiple websites required, or a blend of experience and equivalent schooling
- Completion of equivalent schooling includes a Medical Billing and Coding Certification or an associates or bachelors degree in Healthcare related education programs, i.e. Health Information Management (HIM), Health Information Technology (HIT), etc.
- Experience handling prior-authorization and referral authorization preferred.
- The interpersonal communication skills necessary to interview and interact with patients and medical staff over the telephone and to project a professional and compassionate concierge style of service to patients, patient families, physician’s and staff.
- Detail oriented with good analytical problem-solving skills to appropriately register patients and/or schedule patient procedures.
- Ability to operate routine office equipment (facsimile, copiers, plate production, scanners, printers).
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify/resolve problems and document the outcome
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and recognize trends to effectively work the patient registration
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel
- Initiative to learn new tasks and the ability to apply acquired knowledge to future duties
- Flexibility, adaptability, and accountability are necessary for optimum client results
We are looking forward to reviewing your resume!
No agencies, please!
Search tags: Customer Service Rep, Patient Access, Patient Financial Rep, Scheduling Rep, Revenue Cycle, RCM, Accounts Receivables Rep, Patient Account Rep, Patient Service Rep, Account Rep, Medical Coding, Medical Credentialing, Medical Referrals, Medical Billing, Physician
Job Type: Full-time