$100K base plus commission based on departments monthly net profit and an excellent benefits package.
The Parts Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of heavy trucking parts department and running a profitable and efficient parts department. He or she accomplishes objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing merchandising, displaying and advertising. The Parts Manager must be an investment advisor and profit producer and is responsible for supervision of 47 employees.
- Monitors profit and loss statements daily.
- Manages CORE, drafts invoices and recovers money.
- Buys CORE at discounted price to sell back to Damlier.
- Analyzes opportunities for improvement.
- Prepares and administers annual operating budget.
- Reviews daily budget and department performance reports.
- Reviews inventory reports and profit and loss reports.
- Generates and reviews on hand no bins reports.
- Approves department purchase orders (department expenditures).
- Schedules expenditures.
- Ensures department is running efficiently and eliminates excess.
- Monitors and maintains current levels of inventory.
- Studies trends to determine how to increase profitability of department.
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Develops strategies for more efficient operations.
- Supervises reconciliation of cashier drawers and petty cash.
- Monitors and adjusts inventory to minimize obsolescence.
- Selects employees for hire, fire and discipline.
- Motivates, trains, schedules, evaluates, coaches and counsels employees.
- Communicates job expectations and monitors progress.
- Appraises and reviews job contributions.
- Monitors employees’ payroll records.
- Conducts meetings with employees to discuss activities and problems.
- Develops, enforces and monitors guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Enforces policies and procedures.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that may affects parts sales.
- Supervises outside sales for the department.
- Supervises daily cycle counts.
- Supervises annual and periodic inventory counts.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Maintains excellent customer service standards.
- Communicates customer service standards to department personnel.
- Resolves customer complaints immediately and provides conflict resolution to customers according to company guidelines.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork with all other departments.
- Works with Service Manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs.
- Visits customers to provide and maintain excellent customer relations.
- Visits customers to help generate more sales.
- Establishes and enforces a pricing policy that balances volume, customer loyalty and the cost of doing business.
- Hosts customer appreciation events.
- Hosts vendor and customer appreciation events for large fleets.
- Maintains excellent rapport with vendors.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Fifteen (15) or more years’ experience in parts department of trucking industry.
- Supervisory experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Shows Initiative.
- Professional personal appearance.
Interested candidates, please contact Kristin Frank at 602-788-5890 x.124 or email@example.com.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!