Partner, Regulatory and Transactional
Our client – a large, Midwest-based law firm is looking to add a Regulatory and Transactional Partner to their growing team. The firm is looking to not only grow its geographic base, but also to strengthen its already robust state regulatory and utility transaction expertise. The firm is interested in someone to join them in at least one of the following cities: Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Helena, Des Moines, Salt Lake City and Boise.
Why work here?
- Best of both worlds – small firm feel with all the capabilities of a large firm
- An opportunity to create and grow a team with an established firm
- Establish more control over your local regulatory practice
- The firm’s practice allows a potential to offer your existing and new clients lower rates
- A chance to join a firm that feels the same across all offices
- A healthy, progressive firm culture that thrives on diversity and a superior work-life balance
What you’ll do:
- Have lead responsibility in all types of state utility regulatory proceedings, including rate cases, rulemakings, policy matters, siting, cost-recovery
- Handle utility clients’ transactional needs including PPA’s, equipment and supply agreements, construction contracts
- Manage and develop local client relationships
- Help the firm grow its existing utility and energy client base
- Support the firm’s regulatory and utility transactional team
What you will need:
- J.D. from accredited law school
- Licensed to practice in applicable state
- 10+ years’ state utility regulation and transactional experience
- Established and recognized regulatory practice
- Ideally have a client base which can be transported
If you are interested in learning more, please schedule a time to call using the link below.