Our client – a large, Midwest-based law firm - is looking to add a Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Partner to their growing team. The firm is seeking to build on its existing Energy and Natural Resources team by adding increased capabilities to its FERC practice to serve current and potential new clients. The FERC Partner would ideally be in the firm’s Washington, DC office.
Why work here?
- Best of both worlds – small firm feel with all the capabilities of a large firm
- An opportunity to build a practice with an established firm
- Establish more control over your FERC practice
- The firm’s structure allows a potential to offer your existing and new clients lower rates
- A chance to join a firm that feels the same across all offices
- A healthy, progressive firm culture that thrives on diversity and a superior work-life balance
What you’ll do:
- Lead preparation, filing and support for FERC 205, 206, and 203 proceedings
- Lead, file and manage clients’ market-based rate filings and proceedings
- Represent all aspects of clients’ transmission-related regulatory needs, including interconnection matters and merchant transmission line development
- Support clients’ entire FERC compliance needs including drafting BPMs, counseling clients, defending clients in customer disputes
- Manage and develop client relationships
- Help the firm grow its existing utility and energy client base
- Support the firm’s regulatory and utility transactional team
What you will need:
- J.D. from accredited law school
- Licensed to practice in applicable jurisdiction
- 10+ years’ FERC electric regulatory experience, preferably as a law firm partner
- Established and recognized in your practice
- Ideally have a client base which can be transported
If you are interested in learning more, please schedule a time to call using the link below.