Accounts Payable Associate (Part-time)
The Accounts Payable Associate reports to the Finance and Accounting Manager and is responsible for compiling, processing and maintaining accounts payable records. Additionally, this person will be cross trained in accounts receivable functions to assist in billing and ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Review and ensure vendor invoices are accurate and recorded timely in the accounting system.
- Verify approval on all invoices and check requests.
- Schedule weekly bills for payment and processing.
- Coding all invoices, update and maintain vendor database, and reconcile vendor statements.
- Able to process and enter 100-200 invoices per week.
- Monitors the AP mailbox and responds accordingly. If necessary, escalates any inquiries.
- Ability to process and follow-up on rush items.
- Participate and assist in the Year End activities including, but not limited to, preparing annual reconciliations of various accounts, 1099 preparation and reconciliation, and preparing/compiling information for auditors and/or tax preparer.
- Expense Report Processing – Review and record/code global employee Expense Reports; Resolve travel expense discrepancies or missing back up receipts for billing
- Ad hoc and special projects as assigned
- High School diploma or Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Relevant Accounting or Bookkeeping work experience 1-3 years.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, mathematical and written skills are required.
- Accurate and very detail oriented individual competent working with numbers, spreadsheets, financial reports and confidential/sensitive information.
- Strong ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and efficiently in a faced paced office environment with tight billing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Willing to learn new tasks, skills and software systems.
- Familiarity with MS Dynamics SL and Expensify a plus, but not required.